Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Virgin Blog

As sure as I am that it is September, I still can’t quite believe it. This means that summer is almost over – and the WEBN fireworks confirmed it. I haven’t written in a long time for more reasons than you all care to read about, trust me. Let’s just say that since my last blog – life has been very different for me. I’ve had to deal with some shit most folks never have to and should count themselves lucky for. I’ve also had blessings I never knew imagined…and hope it’s not the end of them. I’m going to have to take my own advice and remember that I make my own luck.

“When it rains, it pours”

How many times have you heard this? How many times have you said it yourself? How many times have you really thought about just exactly what that statement means?

I have learned many things this summer. June started the cycle. I’m not really sure what cycle this is, but trust me when I say I see it. Especially about what the right thing is (or isn’t). I’ve learned how to file a restraining order. I’ve learned that no one is perfect. I’ve learned that we all have our personal skeletons and demons to deal with. I’ve learned that the oldest friendships have the strongest bonds. I’ve learned that someone wasn’t who I thought he was…which was very hard for me to accept considering he hurt my friend in order for me to know. I’ve learned that wisdom does, in fact, come with age. I’ve learned that some people will never get over things; no matter what you try to do to help….no matter how old they are…no matter how many years it’s been since….

I can’t believe how old I am – how much time has passed. I remember my first day of 6th grade. My dad drove me and Amy Stover to school the first day. We complained just about the entire ride. My dad said, “You girls will see. The older you get the faster it goes. This year will go quicker than the last. And the next will do the same. Before you know it, you’ll be graduated and starting a life in the real world” “No!” we argued. We’d never grow up fast enough. I’ll be 30 in June.

It’s amazing how we change with age. We deny it…wish for our youthfulness. Who can blame us? The real world sucks. Everyday: Fires, car accidents, sickness, murder…..lies, lies, lies. I can see why Christians think this is the end of times.

On a lighter note, we welcomed a new member to the family. Sophie – a 2.6 lb ball of energy. I never thought I’d love a cat. Not like this. She is uber precious. The dogs love her…she brings Katie out of her shell. She keeps Biscuit on his toes and worn out. Katie is her surrogate mother. I’ve seen her attempt to nurse from her twice, lol, Katie didn’t like it. I pulled Sophie’s head from her belly and felt the suction as she released her skin. J

Tomorrow we are going to the Beach for Dog Day. They need some spoiling after realizing the cat is a permanent fixture. They let them in the water from 2-6 pm. It’s a fun time. Biscuit loves the water, so he will be thrilled. I’ve only had him in water once this summer, and I’m sure he’s curing me, lol. My entire side of the family, dogs and all will be joining. Sarah and I plan to get there very early to get chairs. Brian will come at 2 along with everyone else with their dogs. They have Frisbee catch contests, dive contests, and games. It’s hysterical to see all the types of dogs – last year; I saw everything from a Mastiff to a Chihuahua.

SB 1, I’ll keep you posted.

Movie Recommendations of the week:

The Wicker Man (remake)
The Omen (remake)
and the best of the three, 21 Grams. If you like the movie Crash or Traffic, you’ll love the movie.

No comments: