Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hey - I'm back!

Its been quite a while since I've had a change to blog. So far, the year is going good - but fast. It's amazing how quick time flies.

I've been working from home for about a month now and I absolutely love it. I actually get more done, and don't mind what I'm doing. The atmosphere in that place (Carew Tower office) makes me want to puke. So, being away from it most if the time is certainly refreshing. I miss my buddies though. That was the one downfall. I've made my office very comfortable and relaxing. Oh yeah - I hate to disappoint, but I figured out that my "friend" was not a "friend" at all. It was a timer on my radio. I finally figured it out and removed the timer.

My neighbors had an exciting weekend. One apparently drove his H2 in REVERSE up Ridge and Madison roads at 3 am, backing over a fire hydrant, signs, curbs, bushes and finally into a telephone pole and lodged himself between the guide wire and a Geo Tracker. He blew a .16. We took Big Boy out of retirement and gave it to him. I've never heard a better one than that.

I saw quite a few movies over the weekend:
Alpha Dog
I am Legend
Norbit
The Return

I was very pleased with I am Legend. It was exactly how I wanted the movie to be. It kept to the storyline just enough, but went totally Hollywood - which I loved. Plus Will Smith is hot. You can't beat that ;).

I started reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. What I've read so far is good. It came highly recommended by a good friend. I might try to slip in a few pages before I go to sleep if possible. I have an early start tomorrow. Since Brian missed his last doc appt, we had to take what we could get. Tomorrow at 6:30 am. I didn't know doctors started that early - and I've worked for doctors for years. It's really going to suck to have to get up that early. Since my buddy Jason is at KCN tomorrow, I plan to work from home again (thanks for the excuse, J). I love desk sharing :)

Well, better jet for now. I'll try to write more later.

2 comments:

Margo said...

Well...I am sorry to hear you don't have friend after all. That was quite exciting at first. You absolutely suck for not coming into work today...SUCK. I was late...again. I don't know, I think I am turning into a zombie with my lack of sleep the past few nights. I haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned...did you watch Cube yet? I really can't remember much of that one either. I agree...the atmostphere here at the Carew Tower makes me want to PUKE too!!!

Anonymous said...

just a timer, huh. That's good I suppose, but friends do make for some interesting stories. Dude, I can still get goosebumps thinking about the day we were building the popsicle bridge. That shit was creepy.