Monday, April 7, 2008

The Everything Bagel

I have been UBER busy and pissed off this past week. I couldn't concentrate to blog, so I decided to now while I'm on vacation. I have gotten to do a lot of things I wanted to blog about but never had the time. So, here is what I've been up to:

1. Wrestlemania Party on Sunday 3/30/08. 15 people came to my house impromptu. It was so much fun - we got to see people we hadn't seen in YEARS. It was like hanging in the old gang again - the only people missing were Andrea, Delena and Rachel. I felt 21 again. :)

2. Brian and I went and saw the Bodies Exhibit at the Museum Center. Its something I've wanted to do since I saw it. While in school (both High school and college) - I deliberately took science classes like Zoology, knowing I would deal with animal cadavers. I discovered that I really enjoyed working with Human cadavers in college. The human body has amazed me for years. The exhibit was worth every dollar to me. While Brian found it somewhat disgusting and disturbing, I was running around like a 5 year old lab rat yelling for Brian to "come look at this." Its not for the faint of heart - but it is extremely educational and mind blowing. I recommend it.

3. We saw The Ruins on Friday night. I read the book, thanks to Jason, so when I heard about the movie it was I am Legend all over again. I could smack Scott Smith for fucking up the end of his own screenplay, but it was a good movie all together. It would be hard to put 500 pages into 1.5 hours. I wont list any details in case you wanted to see it yourself.

4. I am so old. Have you seen the Kroger Ad? I've been twice.

5. I got to eat a Big Mac.

6. The gazebo in my back yard fell. Considering I have a chopped up Maple in the front yard to deal with, my back yard looked like white trash too. Yesterday was spent drinking, working in the yard, grilling out and playing corn hole with the neighbors. I have to thank Sarah for being my slave for the day. She was a tremendous help. I think she moved 3/4s of my tree to the curb by herself. The backyard looks great, and the front yard is coming along nicely. I'm sure my neighbors are thrilled.

7. Nuvelo went belly up. Praise TV! No more asshole Demons from California to deal with. The best part of this? Christine Choy was FIRED. Maybe there is a god.....

8. Speaking of reading, I've been a book whore lately. I've been having trouble sleeping, sometimes not getting to sleep til 3-4 a.m. I found solace in books.....
In the past few weeks, I've read: The Ruins, 1/3 of Neverwhere, Darkly Dreaming Dexter and am now on Dearly Devoted Dexter. All excellent books. I will finish Neverwhere. Dexter caught me by surprise.

9. For those of you who knew him, my Aunt Dorothy's ex...my Uncle J.L. died last week. It was peaceful and in his sleep. The memorial service was very nice and Cindy's husband Mike and our Great Uncle, Oscar, gave Eulogies.

10. I'm on vacation this week. I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to put my feet up - read and relax.

Take care til next time!
Love Tray

1 comment:

Margo said...

So what are Neverwhere and Dexter about? I am painfully working through Eat, Pray, Love and it is moving so slow. I guess I need action in my books...this inner dialogue of the author about religion and everything is making me crazy!! But I am determined to finish it! (and waste however many hours of my life...just kidding) Hey - howcome Sarah always gets to be the slave? I want to be your slave...and Maddex could be my mascot. LOL You suck for being on vacation this week...but you totally deserve it. I will be gone next week and sending you pics of the beach...ha ha ha. I really want to see the bodies exhibit...it looks so interesting!!