What a wonderful Saturday!
This weekend I was able to get together with good friends. There is nothing like sharing a good meal and conversation with people who I care a great deal about.
Delena had never had Indian food - which I can understand. Where she spends most of her time, the most international they get with restaurants is Mexican. Her sister was apprehensive, but her cousin reassured her it would be fine. I'm pleased to report no one found it disgusting, but rather good. I was excited to witness a first for Delena and am honored that I got to take a small part in her project this year.
I am grateful for friends like this. Even though we don't see each other all the time, we are able to pick up like no time at all had passed. It's not everyday you get a set of friends the same age who each have a sister (April is 23...Debbie is 41) that are also friends, despite the age difference. We know each other's families...my parents see hers at Blue Bird weekly. It was funny to notice that whenever D and I got on our philosophy rants during lunch, the other girls chatted like we wernt there. That's how you know you have good friends.
Later in the evening, Brian and Larry went to see TNA wrestling with his buddy Mike and his kids. They had excellent seats and had a blast. Kristen was able to sit and spend some time with me chatting and cutting up. The kids are getting so big - the things they are already doing now! Time flies. I love Kristen and Larry both - and I appreciate any time I get to spend with them and their family. They are truly blessed. Their friendship means the world to Brian and I.
I want to thank my girls for giving me such an awesome Saturday! It was just what I needed!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad you enjoyed it, because I certainly did.
**sigh** Girl, not to be cliche, but it has certainly been a long strange trip. I wouldn't trade a second of it for the world.
Thanks for a great time Saturday and all the great times over the years. Here's to many more!
Post a Comment