Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Secret to you.

Having lengthy discussions with two different people this weekend reminded me why I read "The Secret" in the first place.

The information I took away from the book astounded me. I had heard both good and bad things about the book. I thought it was more of a religious book and figured I'd read enough of that. But one day at the store, I passed it again. Something told me to pick it up and just browse through it. I got it right then. Once I started reading, it became my mission to finish it and understand it. You definitely get out of it what you put in it. If you are serious - and ready to read with an open mind, be ready for an awakening.

To me, the Secret was a mirror. It gave me the ability to look at myself like I never had before. I was at a point in my life where I didn't care. I hated people in general. Life sucked a big ass. Nothing had that golden glimmer anymore. I dwelled in my despair, allowing myself to go down roads I never belonged on.

During my first discussion this weekend, I told my friend, "I'm not such a bitch anymore." She laughed...and I knew she knew what I meant by that. Being a bitch doesn't always mean just being hateful and vindictive. I can be a very nice person. I'm social and friendly. I was a bitch in a different way. I was a closet bitch. I didn't always wear it on my face, but it was always in the back of my mind ready to show its ugly head. There are all types of bitches. I was a selfish bitch. I could sit and point out all my flaws, but the fact is, all my ugly traits came from selfishness.

My selfishness was different too. I am a giving person, which seems contradictory. My problem was when I gave, I expected to get something in return. (I don't just mean material things) That's not the idea of giving. You give because you care. You give because you love. You give because you are able. You give to help out a fellow human. Because that's the right thing to do. I carried myself with arrogance. That my friends, is selfishness at its best.

Each person has his or her own set of unique finger/foot prints. No one else in the world has the same prints that you do. This is the only thing that separates us from each other. Other than that - we are not unique. We all have problems on every imaginable level. We are all living on this plant together. We all have to deal with one thing or another each and everyday. I've always heard the saying, "You get more bees with honey than you do vinegar" but I never seriously thought about it.

Do unto others...

You hear these types of sayings all the time: "You reap what you sew" "You make your bed you lay in it" " Birds of a feather" "Bad associations spoil useful habits" "What goes around comes around" "The powers that be" "An eye for an eye". All of these saying came from great thinkers of our past from all walks of life and all religons. Yet - alot of them have the same meaning. Makes you wonder.

If you have questions about life, yourself, Karma, death, health, relationships....this is the book for you to read. Yes, I have heard negative things about the book, such as some of the quotes were cut down to pertain to the information. Let me ask you this though, didn't those who created the bible make those same type of decisions to produce the end result?

The point is with this book, the bible, or any book for that matter...you get from it what you put into it. If you read it with doubts and think it is silly - you wont get any of the messages. If you decide to read it, pull the curtains back on your eyes and mind, then let them be amazed.

Good luck!

1 comment:

anDREa said...

wow, looks like i got a new book to check out. thanks. been havin a lot of 'what is going on with me' questions lately too, being that i am now a drug-dealin (accused, not guilty) felon.
shit, jail sucked balls.
got court tomorrow, wish me luck, thanks.
if you want to talk to me, don't call my old phone: i threw it into the ohio river. my new is 513-235-9014. hope all is well, and i STill would love to come and hang out with you guys, miss you both lots. i am free just about any night, except every other thursday i wrestle in pudding for money. i get money if i win, so i don't lose. you can come out some time if you want, it's fun. all my aggression comes out and i kick ass.
i've been trying to call you guys every so often. should i just stop that and just come over instead? or should i just do neither? i don't know, i'm in a weird head space, heh, as always. i feel like i should apologize to people all the time. well, let me know what i should do if anything at all. peace.