Thursday, October 4, 2007

I am Jack's complete lack of suprise.

It seems I start each blog bitching. This time I wont. That doesn't mean I'm not going to bitch, it will just later in the post if I decide to do so.


Brian did the nicest thing for me the other day. He knew what a shitty time I've been having working for these money grubbing whores, so he surprised me with a "me" room. If you have been to my house, you know Brian has a video game room on the first floor and most of the attic for his collectibles. I had a corner of the attic that I would go to get away for a bit - read, write, whatever. But as time passed, more and more of Brian's collection ended up on my side. I just plain stopped going up there. Not only because of that but for another reason as well. I've developed some sort of claustrophobia with the attic and can't seem to stay up there longer than 15 minutes before I begin to get antsy and uncomfortable. I had been using the hammock outside to lay on and read, but now with winter on its way, I wont have it much longer. I happened to mention this to Brian.


Brian and I love each other very much, but we also both understand that we each need our own alone time and time away from each other with our own friends. So on his day off, he transformed our unused spare bedroom into a space for me. He removed the twin beds and filled the room with my papasan chairs, rugs and lamps. He also added a old small tv w/ an old VCR and filled the top drawer with my favorite movies I have on VHS. Not only did he do that - but he knows of my secret love for Super Nintendo, (despite the Wii) so he hooked the SNES to the tv and filled the next drawer with my favorite games. He put my small bookshelf stereo in there with my case logic of CDs. I LOVE the room. Absolutely LOVE it. I have spent a few hours in there every single night this week. To top it off - our 3rd bedroom with the treadmill has a fridge. I can keep soda (BEER) there for a quick refill. He knows me so well sometimes it scares me! So, Brian, if you read this, thank you so much. You have no idea how much you lifted my spirits. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.


(OK - stop gagging)


Last Saturday we went to KY Speedway to watch my dad race the last time he will ever get a chance to race there. NASCAR has bought the track to use for big races and in their contracts they do not allow any other type of racing not directly involved with NASCAR or Nextel to race there. Yes it sucks. I loved going to that track - its the best out of them all in my opinion, and my personal favorite. I've been to a lot of tracks in my life, trust me. My dad has raced and since he could drive a car. He was track Champion at Lawrenceburg several years in a row. We planned our family vacations around big races ie: The Daytona 500 or the Firecracker 400 July 4th weekend (that was back in the day). So, now its back to dirt track for my dad unless he wants to continue with the Legend Series in Indianapolis. But I'm glad we got to see him there one last time. He did great - came in 2nd in the heat - and 5th in the feature. We rode the golf cart - took the dogs, packed a cooler full of goodies and had a great time. It was boy scout day, and 1200 boys couts attended. After the race was over, they went back to their campsites, which were in the back field behind the grandstands, and set off fireworks for a good 30 minutes. No wimpy fireworks either - they were quality - up there with Rozzi's. Good times, man. Good times.

I got to get together with old friends last week for dinner. It was so nice to see everyone again and catch up on old times. I can't believe how quickly time passes. Its good to know there are still those good friends out there that when you meet up again - its like no time has passed at all; we just pick up where we left off. Even though we are different people now than we were back then - we are still the same, just in different ways. We laughed and told stories, embarrassed each other and laughed....drank a few, ate a good meal and over all, just had a damn good time.

Ahhhh and once again we come to my lovely day job, which is always a treat. I work for such a corrupt company, nothing surprises me anymore. My new manager is editing quick emails I send out. WTF? Why can't I just find a normal fucking place and be happy? I work in Office Space. We have acronyms for our reports. We live in cubes. Cube Flair and defiance are the only releases we have. This has definitely been quite a different year. I can certainly say I have learned a lot from this experience. I definitely know what NOT to look for. Maybe Ill get on welfare. It cant be that hard, right? So many fuckers have it.

There is good news - when we decide to blow ourselves up or the ice caps melt into WaterWorld...there IS another Earth in the making. Check it out here. Only problem is its 400+ light years away. And we'd be dead. We would need that time bending machine from the movie "Event Horizon" though. Disturbing thought. As discussed with a colleague, one would have to take a shortcut thru Hell to get to the other side, which would really suck. :)

Gotta check out. Tired. Tired. Sleeeeeeeep.............

Love - T

No comments: