Good Morning fellow cubies...
Today will be better than yesterday. It has to be for the following reasons:
1. It is no longer a Full moon.
2. I'm NOT being visited by aunt flow.
3. I'm going out to dinner with old friends tonight.
4. This is the last day I have to look at John's face unless I want to.
5. My yard is finally getting rain.
6. I have made a final decision involving my employer and got the OK from my husband.
7. There is no longer a reason for me to care due to number 6.
8. I'm going out to dinner with old friends tonight. Yeah I know I repeated that one, but its what I'll be looking forward to all day.
Last night was pretty cool. It was relaxing, anyway. Brian and I watched the Star Wars episode again of Family Guy. We watched A Haunting in Georgia which was excellent by the way (TV show in Discovery). Brian DVR'ed Chef Ramsey's show for me. That was awesome on his part because he HATES Hell's Kitchen and Chef Ramsey. So, I know it was all in my interest :). The animals got their needed attention and finally - Sophie fell asleep on Katie and it was quiet. Biscuit seemed relieved. They are probably thinking, "What the fuck is this cat doing here? FUCK! She better not be staying".
The cat is an escape artist. I thought I had this covered because I have Katie and those of you who know her story would be nodding right now. No, I was not prepared. Its like having a toddler on speed. Each time I open the door to let the dogs out - she flies out of nowhere as fast as she can towards the door. I don't understand why she'd want to be out there anyway - its hot, the world sucks, and she doesn't have to shit outside....who knows, different strokes I guess.
When I leave for work, I look like the bag lady. I have my GIANT backpack (gym), lunch bag, purse, a meijer bag with something in it...you get the point. I can't maneuver easily with all this shit. The cat takes advantage of this. So I think I'm all smart and everything and have decided to try to leave out the side door in the mornings. I can put all my stuff on the landing to the basement, make sure the cat is visibly in the house and shut the basement door behind me.
After this routine for a few days, she has discovered my plan. This morning, I'm stumbling around in the dark trying to get all my shit together. I yell BYE to Brian and head for the basement. The second I open the basement door - she shoots down the basement stairs. I was so pissed...she got the better of me and I had to spend the next 10 minutes trying to find her in the basement before I left....there's too much down there she can hurt herself on (wires and cords and shit).
Tracy - 0
Sophie - 1
Well, time to start the work day I guess. Tomorrow is Friday - Praise *insert deity here*. All I can think about it having another 3 day weekend. So, I'll leave you all with a terrific conversational quote from office space. After you read it, refer to number 7 above.
Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?
Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.
Bob Slydell: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
Peace homies. Enjoy your day.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
lol... now you're not going to let a 3lb furball get the best of you, are ya? Cats are a trip.
Post a Comment