I have been back to work from vacation only 3 days (counting today) and it sucks already. I am so ready for another weekend. I've already started counting work days until my Christmas vacation - 13. I hope at least half of them are slow and boring. I already have a huge list of things I want to accomplish during my time off. I did the same thing for my Thanksgiving break. I only completed half the list because I was exercising my eyes with movies, but it was worth it.
One of the things I did accomplish was "my room". Brian had set it up for me, but I needed to go thru the closet so the doors could be removed. That made more room for my second papasan chair. The room is a little small, not bad - maybe 10x10? But the closet being opened helps out a lot. I'd LOVE to find a cheap DVD player...or maybe have satellite added to that room.
During the Thanksgiving holiday, the company I work for decided to expand the benefit of working at home to most employees, not just CRAs or PLs. The reason for this is because they are trying to clear out room in the Carew Tower. Our company houses half the floors in the building. They tossed the idea around of moving the entire office to Norwood or Blue Ash, but after speaking to HR yesterday I found out this was not the case anymore. Apparently, it is cheaper for the company to have people 80% Internet based to work from home rather than move headquarters. Of course, management must approve each request. Even though my direct manager agrees with my request, he has to run it by HIS manager for approval as well. As we speak, my spineless manager is in with Super Cunt for their weekly 1 on 1. I guess I'll know by today or tomorrow if they are going to grant me the benefit.
I am not going to hold my breath or quit if I don't get it. I am on flex time at least and work 4 days a week. It would just be so nice not to have to come in here and deal with these catty bitches and downtown douchebags, or the all important blue tools (chips). I did, however, put up a good argument. I have requested a raise more times than I have been drunk with no success. So, I mentioned that allowing me to telecommute would put money back in my paycheck by my not having to pay for monthly parking, food, and gas. I told him I would come in once a week to check mail or send out SIV packages. As soon as the SIVs are over with, Ill be 90% internet based. I am also close enough to downtown that if I needed to come in emergently, it wouldn't be an issue.
Anyway - like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up. But I will have to admit: laying in bed this morning I was thinking how nice it would be to just roll out of bed, walk into the other room and turn on my computer. No traffic, no getting dressed up for ass wipes, plus FREEDOM. This is my main goal in life. I will not lie - if they allowed me to work from home, they'll have to fucking fire me to get me out of here. I don't see that benefit offered very often and usually its only to douchebags whose job I'd never want. The good thing is, if they deny you, you can apply for it again 6 months down the road. So, if for some bizarre reason I'm here in 6 months, I'll apply again if I don't get it this time around.
I have some fun plans tonight. Andrea, Sarah and I are planning to meet at the pub on the corner of my street. They have very cheap beer. And a pool table. I've only been up there twice, but had a good time and no problems with the crowd. It is nothing like the Edge, when you open the door to walk in, every head turns to look at you. Then you get hit on the entire visit by old drunk smelly bar stool warmers. That's why I quit going to bars. They suck. The beer is expensive, you have to actually drive there to drink, and the company in them sucks. Plus, there is always one bitch that tests my ability to remain calm. I don't know what it is, but I attract people who are feeling squirrely. I get death looks and comments. I'm not a looker by any means and if I was maybe I could understand. But I'm an Amazonian (perhaps Viking)woman, with a wedding ring and big ass. I'm not out to take anyone's man...or pick a fight. The least smartest thing to do to me would be to make me angry when I'm drunk. I'm a happy fun drunk - but push my buttons and..... I'd rather get drunk at home (cheaper), play video games (fun) and stagger to bed (convenience) when I'm done. Its safer too. I would not make a good prisoner.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your blogs always seem to make me laugh at some point! Here's hoping you get to work from home - that would be fantastic!!!
Post a Comment