Friday, November 30, 2007

A totally "inappropriate" evening.

My luck has been so good that past couple days, I'm afraid I'm getting ready to die.

So - my manager got back to me and.....I was APPROVED to work from home!!!

Hot Damn. Its my dream come true. I still get to be off on Mondays and I only have to go in the office once a week to get my mail or send out shipments. My friends and family have given me different responses upon hearing this announcement. When I shared my happy news, here are the responses:

Debbie (my sister): "Fuck you bitch. I hate you!"

Sarah (BFF): "Fuck you bitch. I hate you!"

Sias (Neighbor):"Fuck you bitch. I hate you!"

Scott Evil (neighbor): "Fuck you bitch. I hate you!"

My Dad: "So, how do you get paid?"

Brian: "Great! You can make my lunch everyday!" (Hmmmm, er....)

LOL - seriously though, they are all happy for me and very supportive. As most of you know, freedom is my ultimate desire. I do not adhere to rules very well. I never have, even as a child. For me to be given this opportunity made me want to fall to my knees and cry. I felt like shitting my pants, and according to my fellow cube mate Jason, that would be one of the very few occasions a person can get away with that type of behavior. I called my parents and cried while I told them. I have only cried from happiness 3 times in my life. On my wedding day, my last day of work at UC, driving home and realizing I didn't ever have to go back. The third was this. I feel like a kid that was given a Christmas present but cannot open it yet - the excitement of it. Just knowing what it will be like...

I'll keep you posted.

Such good news calls for celebration. We had already planned to go to the Pub, but now I had a real reason to celebrate. And boy, did I ever. As Sarah and I were leaving, Scottie pulled up. He asked what we were up to and we told him we were walking up to the pub. He said, "That's totally inappropriate!" (It was 5:30 pm) We laughed and I said, "You can come be inappropriate with us if you'd like!" He said not thanks, have a good evening. I told him he'd know where to find us if he changed him mind. It didn't take long. We hadn't even drank our second beer when he walked in the door. Brian came up, Andrea and Zyah stopped in to say hi,..it was a good time. I was drunker than I should of been on a work night but fuck it. I was happily hungover this morning.

At work I got tickets to the Xavier/UC crosstown shootout women's game. My work is sponsoring it and they gave out tons of tickets. Me, Dad, Debbie and Chuck are going. Poor B has to work - as does Ashley. It'll be fun. My dad would watch basket ball even if it were lizards playing. Plus he is a Xavier fan, much to my surprise. Come to find out, his friends grandson is Justin Doleman. I think he went on to play for UK - but ever since then, he's been on the bandwagon. It should be fun though - we rarely get to do stuff like that with the family.
AND I got Indian Food from Akash...I felt I deserved it.

I'm watching bench warmers...LMFAO - I love Sammy the sprinkler. CHRIST its hysterical. Anywhoo - I got a huge day ahead of me. So, I'm headed for bed. Isn't is still too early? Yes.

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Hasta luego me hombres. Tienes una fin de la semana. Bebas muchos muchos cervezas para mi!

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh - I would say WHO DEY, but I'm afraid for them.

Have a good evening!


Love T$

3 comments:

Delena said...

I'm gonna reply in turn with Debbie, Sarah, and the neighbors on this one. Hell, if I thought I could get away with it I'd take Brian's reply too. Seriously, that is super fucking cool. Way to go man.

Margo said...

Hey...congratulations...will you get me approved too? If not, you are a total bitch and I am PISSED at you for leaving me there. I have a sinking feeling I will NOT get approved and there lies my hesitation to even ask. My boss is such a micro manager, it amazes me. If her leash won't reach to my house, then I doubt they would even consider it. I am sooooo jealous I can't speak!!!

Anonymous said...

so yea, you are lucky and stuff. you can be inappropriate all day whilst getting paid, lucky, lucky lucky. we all have inappropriate thoughts whilst at work, but never get to indulge in that 10 am irsh coffee addiction. you get to.