kar·ma: (noun)
1. Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman.
2. Theosophy. the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.
3. fate; destiny.
4. the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something.
In Layman's terms, what goes around comes around. And it does, indeed. I got the best news yesterday. I have been waiting for this since I was 17 years old.
Why do I say this? Because he deserves it. This is the creme de la creme, the ala mode on my pie, the $20 in my coat from last winter......He has done some really fucked up shit to people (on purpose) and he deserves anything he gets.
I have never met anyone like him. I have no idea why I felt the need to have him in my life, but looking back on it now, I think it just gave me a challenge. He was sneaky and evasive. He was creepy and mysterious. He was also a downright jackass. Self centered, arrogant, self righteous, narcissistic. But he had a way of reeling you in. I dated Jarrod on and off from the time I was 13 until I was 17. We both dated other people during our "breaks" but he would continue to sit on his porch and wait for me to get home to ask where I was or who I was with. It would always end with him trying to schmooze me, playing with my hair, saying anything to get me to let him come in for a while to "visit". He is scum of scum. On the outside to most, he was charming and flirty, joked around and was often the center of attention. Behind closed doors he was a different person.
During those 5 years I endured some tough shit. It was my stupid choice. My dumbass way of growing up. He hit on all my friends in front of me. Pursued many of them further. Not only did he sleep with my friends, he slept with my classmates - people he knew I had to sit and look at 5 days a week. He slept with a childhood friend I knew from birth that lived on the same street while I was at the doctor to see if I was pregnant. (I wasn't, thankfully.) Think of me what you like, I really don't care. I'm not easy. He was the one sleeping around. I'm not like that. That's the shitty part about it. The only way to pay him back would of been to sink to his level and I would never ever go there.I have more respect for myself.
My senior year, my brain began functioning correctly and I realized/admitted to myself that he was not good for me at all. He brought out the worst in me. Our fights could get bad - physical. Like I've said a million times, he is the only person I have ever seriously hit with a closed fist. Shit - I was 16 years old. In fact - I'll lay it out right here, why the fuck not?
The fight that day was over some fucking skank. He was always starting shit to get me going, egg me on or make me as jealous as possible. We called each other a few choice words and then we had at it. Wrestling on the floor of my bedroom (my parents were downstairs), we attempted to choke each other, each trying to get the upper hand. He grabbed my big orange computer chair and flipped it over, held it over me, intending to sit on the flat part to keep me pinned. Instead, I kneed the chair, busting the plastic in the back and shoved him off me. I was struggling to get up and get my footing, but he had me in a headlock. He elbowed me in the side of the head. I know this was not planned on his part, it was the way I twisted around. I didn't care. I turned around and clocked him. The look in his eyes said enough. I said, "Ill scream. Don't touch me. I will scream and scream. You don't want my dad to come up here." He was furious. But he left when I told him to get the hell out. He never tried that shit again and it was shortly after that when I was done with him.
So, I believe that he hit Amber. I'm sure he did his best to beat the fuck out of her on multiple occasions. I'm sure he beats his kids. I'm sure it's his way of proving he is not gay, because his brother is. He is a fucking coward. That's what he is. His dad beat his mom and he just isn't smart enough to learn to break a cycle. Or not strong enough - probably both.
To tattle a bit further, (and again, why the fuck not) he got worse after me. He started combing through the freshman - even younger because all the rest of the girls knew his deal. He started dating Shannon. She was 14 - he was 18 at the time. He got her pregnant and fucking bolted as soon as the baby was born. He joined the army and married some girl named Lucy. By this time I was with Brian, learning what a real relationship could be like. Shannon was raising the baby on her own, Jarrod gone for 2 years in Ft. Campbell KY with the new wife. I really didn't know Lucy very well. But I have to admit, I admire the bitch. The story of their divorce is priceless. He was deployed on a 6 month trip and came back a few days early. They both got the surprise of their lives as he walked in on her fucking not one, but two guys. Then he found out that she spent those six months of paychecks on partying and coke instead of bills. Hey - she went out with a bang. I bet those were the 6 best months of her life, lol. The house was foreclosed on and Jarrod was forced to file bankruptcy. Not only that - but he had to pay half of Lucy's debt himself. And he spent the rest of his time there alone.
Brian and I were married by then and had moved to North Carolina for a year. We heard thru mutual friends that had gotten some goth girl pregnant and she took him to court and took him for everything she could. When we moved back, he stopped over at our house on Madison Park and asked for me when Brian came to the door. I was out with Tito and Sarah drinking. He didn't even say hi to Brian. Brian got shitty with him and slammed the door in his face. That is the last time I heard from him.
Tito's mom happens to be a deputy sheriff, so she worked with Jarrod. She kept me and Kristen up to date on his happenings and it turned out he was seeing Amber Linville, a girl that had been a good friend of mine during school. Then I heard they got married and had two kids. All was quiet for a while then Tito's mom told us that Amber was separating from him because he was hitting her. Then, I got the article above. According the Tito's mom, he has lost is badge, gun privileges and job. He will do time. The city of Cincinnati is pressing charges against him whether Amber does or not.
(kar·ma: (noun)
1. Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman.
2. Theosophy. the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.
3. fate; destiny.
4. the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something.)
I thank my lucky stars for Brian. I never wanted to be with a man that cheated. I saw what it did to my family -mom especially - and it sucked ass. It causes more problems than its worth. Brian is the single best thing that ever happened to me. He showed me that real men don't cheat. Real men don't hit women. Real men do exist. It took a while for me to rid myself of the brainwashing Jarrod did, but Brian was patient and understanding.
You can see why I loathe this man so much. I would hit him now if he stood in front of me. I'll sleep well tonight thinking of him in a canary colored jumpsuit in a 6x9 cell staring at concrete and metal.
The moral of the story would be to cherish what happiness you have. And be good to one another. This is hard evidence my friends, Karma DOES exist. And it will find you where ever you go, wherever you hide.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment