I am so happy that the holidays are over with. I wish everyone else around here would snap out of holiday mode and begin acting semi normal nutty again. Rookwood is still packed like they are handing out money. The downtown bustle is just a fierce. Thankfully I only have to be there once a week. I rode with my neighbor Scott for the first time to work. He works in the Mercantile Center. Since I am i the Tower, I can just take the sky walk over. Plus, no more paying for parking, Its a nice feeling.
I've been laying low. I need a frikkin break. Half the time I feel like I am being a pulled in 5 different directions and I have to alter plans for others over and over. I love my family dearly. However, my right hand to GOD: It took at least 20 phone calls between all my family members to get dinner plans finalized. It cant be simple like, "OK, we will meet at Don Pablo's Saturday at 6. Everyone says OK and plans on it. This is usually decided a week prior. Not my family. With my family, everything is up in the air until we actually walk in the door to the restaurant. It s so annoying. The my mom cant hear, which I know she cant help, but we have to repeat everything to her twice. My dad gets irritated. Ugh. I love my family more than life itself, but I swear to God, sometimes....: ) I feel like Ive had to be a mediator in one situation and still have to entertain the normal. I'm tired of my phone ringing. I hate my cell phone anymore. I have activated my hermit mode. I do this occasionally. It helps.
I've been spending more time upstairs than downstairs the last couple weeks. My friend has been quiet, but that's because I finally got the balls to pull the plug. It happened at least another half dozen times after I wrote the blog about it. My dad put new wall outlets in the room for me. The room had the old two slot style electrical outlets and he changed them all to 3 prong outlets. I had him check the wiring. Nothing is wrong with the wring with in that outlet, according to my dad. So it's either the stereo wiring or.....my friend.
I've also decided I need to add another resolution to my list. I have too many vices. I need to pick one to phase out. This will be a difficult decision to make, but an important and necessary one. We'll see how that one goes, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Vices are fun...too bad you need to phase one out. How about work?? LOL I understand about families, they can end up being so "political". I hope your friend doesn't leave, it would be nice company and seems to share a similar taste in music!!!
Post a Comment