Ahhhh....the life of a pee-on Project Assistant.
Did you know that Pharmaceutical Companies, like the Gov't, happen to be one of the major causes for this country's shittiness? Combined with insurance companies, they are the root of all that is evil.
I work for such a place....and have learned this the hard way. (The hard way seems to be the only way I can get it thru my thick skull).
I had my yearly performance review (joke) and was given the amount of my raise and bonus. For the record, my boss lied to me when she read the bonus check amount to me on the phone. She gave me what the bonus was BEFORE taxes were taken out. LOL - I swear that bonus wouldn't even pay my cell phone bill. Sad.
I did get a 4% increase in my salary (excuse me while I shit my pants) which was more than I expected. My boss also decided to put me in for PA II status. Its nothing any different than what I'm doing now - which shows that they pay no attention to their employees work habits. HR had no clue that I was on both flex time and working from home. Apparently I cannot have my cake and eat it too. I flew silently under the radar until my boss decided I needed to be in another bracket. Fuck me man.
Seriously though, my schedule won't be that bad. Ill be at home Mon-Weds and downtown Thurs and Fri. I'm online half the day on Mondays anyway talking to Margo, Jason and Theresa and checking my email - so why the fuck not work and cut my days back to 8 hrs. I'm hoping this new schedule and new study give me a slight caffeine-like jolt. I am bored and burned out. Don't tell me to take time off - Ive done it twice and its only April. I am doomed to spend one more day a week with corporate blood sucking whores. I still refuse to pay for parking. I'll likely hitch a ride with Scott Evil or park down by the stadium. Its only $3 a day.
Shorter days mean I can hit the gym during dead time again. I got away from going because I'd end up working til after 6pm and you don't want to enter a gym after 5 pm - trust me. I am also dreading going in and fighting with them over my tanning bill. I have had nothing but problems with them - they say that my card comes up "Do not Honor" Its because I changed my Visa - 6 months ago. I have sent them the documentation over and over - no one listens. I may have to pay Scott Evil to call for me.
Fucking gym. You know whats funny? My membership is paid in full until October of this year. I've tried to pay up front for a few months for tanning at the gym. They tell me every time: "We have nothing to do with the tanning dept. You will need to go talk to them or call this number". Tell you what tho - if you OWE the tanning dept money - it's a different story. I swipe my gym pass - paid in full mind you - and they say, "Hold on Ms. Phillips. You owe for last month's tanning fees." I explained to the employee what I just wrote above. How can you not be affiliated with the tanning dept then? He stared at me with a blank face. These folks have no idea what is going on. I seriously think that when they are hired, the only thing they show them is how to scan a fucking gym membership card. Needless to say, he really didn't want to argue with a line forming behind me...all looking angry as well. It just sucks to know that next time I go, I'm going to have to deal with it and I'm not in the mood to piss myself off on purpose. It keeps me from going. I'm pissed.
Any who - I got assigned to a new study at work. I have worked in some fucked up fields in my time. A colorectal surgeon, urologists, and my favorite - pathologists. This study is for foot fungus - AKA - Toe Jam. I am on a toe jam study. I can say that with pride. (Note sarcasm) How about them apples huh? I am the PA for North America and Canada. There are PLs and PAs all over the world on this - it's a multi million dollar study. I am so glad I took Spanish - one PL I will be dealing with is in Mexico and I also will be communicating with people all over Latin America. I hope this is the change I need.
Trust me when I say this is NOT what I will be doing forever. I look at Kendle as a stepping stone. I'm going to learn as much as I can about pharmaceuticals so that maybe it can lead me elsewhere. It might give me more leverage for a future job. Not to mention that working here has taught me more than I ever needed to know about the Microsoft suite. I've had several people tell me that working for a company that is a Sponsor - not a CRO like us, is much better. The CRO must obey all Sponsor rules (meaning the way things are done). The CRO must constantly please the Sponsor because well, that's what we do. Kiss ass for money. Its a sad disgusting existence. But it pays the bills. In the meantime look for me at 12th and Vine. Ill be the only white girl there - selling crack and prostituting bitches. OO RAH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am sorry...but 12th and Vine is taken by ME!! I am so with you on the whole corporate world bullcrap. I am burnt out and tired of work/society period. Whatever happened to women staying at home? Why do we need 2 incomes and need to have other people raise our kids and work ourselves to death? So that when we are 80 we can look back on our life with disgust and realize we never got to do anything due to WORK. Seriously...we have ONE life here and look how we are forced to spend it. There has to be a better way...move to Europe? Maybe...they seem to instill more "family time" into lives and vacations and understand that people NEED that. As for the flex time thing...now I am reconsidering my "trial offer" since they probably will continue to find human error with everything and will never actually approve me. Plus...I want my Fridays off...those are gymnastic days with Mad - I would miss that. Nope...I need to quit and stay at home or something...but we all know that won't pay the bills. It's a frustrating thing I tell you. Very frustrating!
Post a Comment