Yes, I has a terrific month off of work, thanks for asking.
I used it to my full advantage!
I stayed at my Aunt and Uncle's place twice, each a different amount of time. I needed to clear my head. It was a good place to go to do so. I am working on a piece that incorporates my family history along with the pics I took. Its taking a while to complete, so I thought I'd drop a note to let folks know I am alive and OK. Most of me, anyway.
During the second visit to KY, Sarah and I did some more exploring. You know me, wanting to take pictures of "meaningless shit" that I call art. I wanted pictures of a certain abandoned house that was both eerie and intriguing. As the truck backed down the grade, my rear wheel got caught in the mud. Having only rear wheel drive, my truck slipped down the grade and into brush and trees. And damage, oh yes, there was damage. All my Uncle could do was laugh and said that my dad has to watch me - I'm just like him.
Debbie met up with us in KY and we went to Gatlinburg. Sarah had never been so it was a new experience for her. We were are able to rent a very cute little A frame house that was neat as a pen. It had all the extras too - a hot tub, full kitchen, two full bedrooms with baths. Big screen TV and fireplace. The first morning we woke up, Debbie was outside and yelled, "Tracy, come here!" I took off towards her then she yelled, "get your camera, there are bears!" So ran back to the counter to grab my camera. As I did so, I tuned around and kicked a bar stool as hard as I could. Not on purpose mind you. I literally saw stars but I got my pics, dammit. It was a mom and her three baby bears. They visited our trash can and we watched them go up the hill, the babies climbed in teh trees. It was wild!
The rest of the trip was relaxing. We walked the strip and got our photos in western saloon gear. We ate at smokey mtn. brewery. We went to the Old Mill. We drove to the midpoint between Gatlinburg and Cherokee, NC and stood on the state line. We also saw the trail head to the Appalachian Trail. From that point, it is 1, 972.5 miles to the end. We ended each night with many drinks and soaks in the hot tub. It was heavenly.
Monday was my first day back at work. Even though its the same job, I am not treating it the same. I decided that any job I get is going to piss me off. I don't care what job it is. There is always the loud bitch to scare the shit out of you with her loud-ass voice, a nosey gossip queen, anxious worry warts to stress you out, and then the folks that help you deal like Margo and Jason, respectively.
Back to the old grind. I need a vacation.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't believe I had a cameo in your blog!! LOL It all sounds like fun, we need to go to Gatlinburg all together sometime. I want to see all your pictures!!
I forgot Theresa...>(
Post a Comment