Today my friend Sarah and I took the big leap and went to a spinning class today at Urban Active.
OMG
OMG
OMG
First off, I have one, possibly two broken toes. It really didn't occur to me that there may be some difficulty with this task until the instructor looked at my shoes and asked me.
They have to fit the bike to your body first of all which is a 5 minute process. Then you have to sit on the triangle wood block they call a seat for 45 minutes and be tortured by a pregnant instructor. Yes, PREGNANT. That really did in my self esteem. I could'nt do this class, but the knocked up chipper instructor can. I felt like a woolly mammoth compared. She was nice though - I'll give her that.
The first 5 minutes were OK. That's about it. After that, it felt like someone was kicking me in the ass for the next 20 minutes. Yeah - I know you sports spinner types - triathlon bitches...I don't know how you do it. Then I decided that both I and y toes had had enough of this madness. My ass hurt more than my toes. So, I felt is as in my best interest to get off the bike. The instructor thought so too - and make sure to yell it over the mike to the whole room. (Believe or not, I plan to build up my endurance and and go back. Glutton for punishment, I am.)
After retiring to the steam room then a shower, we decided to go to lunch. We stopped through the National City Bank Drive thru, the ones with this the suction vacuum tubes. How do I pay my friend back that I so unfairly subjected her to earlier by that devil of a class?
I dropped her ID down the shoot. Yep - that's right. Its gone.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have heard spinning classes are awful and I while I would love to have the endurance to stand one, I have no desire to submit myself to that kind of torture. Do one for me!!
Poor Sarah...first spinning and then her id gone. What kind of friend are you???
OMG spinning was AWFUL!!! and FYI Margo shes ur friend not mine. LOL. Tray u know i love u.
Post a Comment