Friday, July 25, 2008

Milking the Clock

I've been back to the gym for a while now thanks to Sarah's new membership. She is a slaver driver. She cracks her whip and I must adhere. The spinning class was, after all, her idea. >;)

Seriously, I'm back to my 100 laps an hour in the pool. It felt so good today to look up occasionally from the water and see that I was right on time. I'm trying to keep it at 3 times a week. Anything extra I'll count as a blessing.

I truly love swimming. I always have. My dad always called me a water dog. The first warm day in March I'd start begging my dad to put up my pool. There's something about propelling your body in the water...using the resistance and actually FEELING it. Its my Zen. Its a true hour of concentration and release. The rhythm of breathing with each stroke...like a well oiled machine. I Love it. I just absolutely love it.

Down the road I plan to live out in the boonies. I'm at the point in my life where I don't need movie theaters, malls, and the whole "bar/social" deal. I"m sure we will live here for at least 3-5 years depending. That will give up time to fix up the house and wait for the market to make a comeback. This new place WILL have an in ground pool so that I can swim laps whenever I want to.

Its Friday, thank Xenu. I'm signing off for now. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Where in the boonies?? Can I come? You need to do some extra laps for me - I haven't worked out in ages!! In Xenu we trust!