
Sing along! "It's the end of the world as we know it....It's the end of the world as we know it - and I feel fine..."
So we got the winds from hurricane IKE this past week. Thankfully I wasn't out walking with an umbrella - I would have outdone Mary Poppins with ease. Take that bitch!
All hell broke loose. It was hysterical. People behaved as though it were a Nuclear Holocaust or a Zombie outbreak. The power went off at about 4pm last Sunday in most areas of the city. People went haywire. The gas stations that were still open looked like they were handing out free money. Sarah and I drove thru the city looking for something for dinner since the grocery stores were out too, and found only one place open: Gold Star Chili. Everyone in the city not at a gas station was at this Gold Star. I bet they met their month's revenue goal in that one evening. Needless to say, I went home and we ate what we could out of the fridge before it all went bad.
Scotty and Pun were home on the porch drinking beer before it went warm. I joined them and don't remember going to bed.
The rest of the week sucked a big fat ass. We had no power until Thursday. All the food went bad, the laundry looked like Rumpke Mountain. The dishes were piled up and the house was a wreck. Its amazing how much we truly depend on electricity. Ben Franklin fucked us all up with that shit. Got us hooked, like a cokehead. Then when its taken, abruptly, Duke wonders why people go ape shit. Yeah Yeah - hurricane winds, whatever. They should have been more prepared.
Now comes the venting.
I go to work Friday - mind you, Fridays are casual days. I had no clean laundry and I had go into the office for some prick activity. I found the the most suitable outfit i could fine that was clean and went into work and stayed in my cube out of view of others. I was wearing the only pair of bottoms I had - skorts and a nice blouse. I figured with it being Friday it wouldn't be such a big deal.Wrong.
I only got up to go to the bathroom and I ran into my not so favorite person, Vagina. Her big ass went and told one of my many bosses that skorts were inappropriate. So, I am called into super Cunt's office like I am a high schooler and proceed to be lectured about the dress code. I sat with my jaw hung open as flashes of others wearing blouses with their boobs hanging out and others with baseball caps on blitzed by. She said, "HR informed me of your outfit...maybe you need to make better choices..." looking at me like I had on my stripper gear and fishnets. I curtly told her that I didn't mean to upset the ENTIRE company and got up and left, closing the door behind me with her still talking. To be honest, I half expected to come in today and be fired or written up.
I am not so lucky.
I came in to the same stupid corporate bullshit. My bosses have gone back to ignoring me. This will last until Thursday, when i sit with my direct manager to go over what the fuck i do all week. After my of list of lies, Ill get the long sigh and I will know it is coming. She will likely say, "I need you to review the dress code" or "Super Cunt told me what happened on Friday" and will want to discuss it. I am still trying to decide how to handle this when it happens. I'm afraid I will turn irate in 4 seconds...maybe if she does try to talk to me about it, I'll just put up my hand and say, "I'm not in high school. My electric was out all week. I don't want to discuss it any further, thanks." Other wise, I might re-arrange her face and tell her, "Jesus may love you, but everyone else thinks your an asshole. You should have stayed employed at the food court in Florence Mall."
So here I sit, with nothing but meetings on my calendar today - YAY (note sarcasm). I pray for the building to catch on fire.

No comments:
Post a Comment