Oy friends!
Hope everyone had a terrific labor day weekend.
Mine went way to fast and was exhausting.
Friday I worked as little as possible. When I got home, I went to Sarah's for a bit to watch the Wheel and Jeopardy and drink some. Yes, I am old.
Saturday Sarah and I went out shopping for a bit. It was def. a pain in the ass. There were too many people everywhere and it was irritating. I was able to relax a little on Saturday, about the only day I was able to.
Sunday I went to the Beach with my two sisters and Chuck. It too was absolutely packed. Lucky for us, Jess and I got there at 10 and snagged chairs. It wasn't even fun to swim in the wave pool deep end. Normally, that is the one place I can venture because I can tread water for hours and most kids cant - leaving wide open spaces. Not that day tho - there were tons of kids everywhere not to mention floats. I was hit in the head several times by dumb shits who only pay attention to themselves. I asked Chuck if I could borrow a pocket knife. I was ready to swim with it between my teeth and cut some unsuspecting moron's tube that almost drowned me with their dumb ass. By the way, if you ever go to the beach, stick with beer. I waited in line for - no shit - 30 minutes for a drink with booze. Then once I got up to register, I noticed they used DILUTED liquor. The rum was only 21% alcohol or 42 proof. Normal booze is 80 proof. The $7 they charge is hardly worth any of it. Drink beer. They cant dilute it and you know how much its going to take to get you a buzz.
Sunday was the WEBN Fireworks, which to me marks the end of the summer. We had an impromptu group of folks over to share in the festivities. The fireworks were nice, but its not the same as when you are down there watching with your own eyes. It was the safest method being a holiday weekend. The cops were EVERYWHERE and you cant drink down on serpentine wall anymore anyway thanks to the asshole who decided to commit murder drunkenly with a baseball bat.
Labor Day was full of good food and long laughs. My parents street is completely empty besides them, so we had the whole street to ourselves. My dad bought steaks to grill out (which I insisted upon cooking because my dad refuses to let me eat my steaks the way I like them: rare). It was hot as hell so my dad had the portable shelter put up and Debbie brought a Market umbrella too. After eating my good rare steak, we watched Jess and Brian race. Jess was in the golf cart and Brian in the go-cart. We each took turns laughing our asses off while we heckled each other. It was a great time - and will likely be the last cook out at my parents house of almost 40 years.
Its Tuesday and feels like Monday. I'm glad tho - it will make Friday come even quicker than usual. Till next time.....
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I would have loved to have seen the races...that sounds like so much fun! That is really sad about your parent's house though. You definitely had a more exciting holiday than me, I just dealt cards, but I did deal them on the river, so at least I had a view of the fireworks. (Still working though, not as much fun) I am ready for card nights!!!
Post a Comment