October will be over in 1 day. I can not believe how this month has flown by. So much as happened, Ive been so busy and crazy especially with the full moon we had this month.
I do have some good news. We got out of the ARM loan we were in since Prez. Bush passed the housing law. That is about the only good thing he has done besides giving us a gov't stipend of money. This new loan is a 30 year fixed rate. I also had my house appraised...and get this...we have owned it for 4 years, bought it at 107K. It appraised for 159K!!!! That's over 50K dollars! The mortgage company was amazed because the market was so bad. Plus we got out credit scores, mine 735 and Brian's was 750. I had no idea where we were at with that and it was great news.
All the hard work we put into the house has finally paid off. I know it will be worth even more once vinyl siding (it has aluminum now) is put on it and the floors redone. Down the road, we will eventually put in a driveway and build a small front porch, although I have no clue how much something like that would be.
Halloween is Friday night. I really don't have much plans other than hading out candy and getting drunk. What else is new? I remember last year when we handed out candy - the screen door was still attached to the house. I had broken both windows out each time in a fit of anger. all that remained was the skeleton of the door. One kid came up and said, Hey! That's cool! you don't have any glass in your door so you don't even have to open the door to hand out candy!!! I laughed so hard, then the next day, upon remember it, was slightly embarrassed. Yes, the door has long since been removed.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment