Times are tough. More so than I have ever seen it in my 30 years.
Every single person I know is going thru something hard. I am saddened and discouraged by this.
Maybe its the full moon. Maybe its the weather change. Maybe its the government. Maybe its Karma. Maybe bad luck. Maybe it was just our turn. We could play the blame game all day. But the fact remains, most folks I know are in over their heads dealing with pure bullshit.
It's tough times for all with no end in sight. I have friends and family that CANNOT find a reasonable job...what is up with that?? I drive downtown everyday and see us cock-roaches crawling in and out of buildings...I guess we corporate assholes are safe.
My good friend lost his Father this week. No one deserves to lose a parent. I hope I don't find out this sort of pain for many years. And there is nothing I can do to help him - except be a friend. Even tho that is something, it doesn't feel like much.
I'm mad at the world today. I'm trying not to let it show, but this proves difficult. Stupid people make life hard on anyone else. I don't find it fair or funny. During these episodes I've found it very important to simplify my life. When is the last time you simplified yours?
I always try to begin with things I can control. Work is the #1 stressor for most. Work can ruin your day quicker than most things. Separate your self from everyone else. Put on headsets, close the door to your office. I listen to chanting and classical music. Sounds like these calm the mind naturally and help you to focus. Decide what work is NOT important and make them wait. Fuck them. They'd do it to you.
If at all possible - take a vacation. Preferably alone. We don't get enough alone time. The worst thing to do is take some dumbass (es) with you that cause you more stress. "Where are you going? Who are you going with? When will you be back? Worst - Your going without me??" I took a trip to stay with family in KY alone. It was the most relaxing trip I have ever had. I had no aggravations and did what the fuck I wanted. I met complete strangers and left them as such. Beautiful.
Work out. It may seem irritating and a waste of time but trust me when I say its the best thing you can do for yourself.
Next, evaluate your surroundings. What can you do to the house to make it a more peaceful sanctuary? Even if this means intense cleaning, do it. It will take your mind off the bad things for a while. Sitting in a clean house allows you to then clean out your mind. I know it isn't as easy as it sounds.
Every body's personal life is just that: Personal. There are things we do to make ourselves content and its different for everyone. Some people depend on others. Some folks drink, some gamble, some smoke, and the list goes on. We have our vices - and also our flaws.
Take a close look at yourself. Are you in control of your life? Do your friends or lovers have respect for you and what you do? Do they give you space or do they try to crowd your mind with their non-sense? Important things matter. Do not allow selfish people to take up your much needed time with their loud noise.
While in KY, I drove the country roads by myself. I passed an old family farm now inhabited by Amish folk. They have no running water or electric. As I passed by, the mother was sitting on the porch with her kids, all barefooted and happy. My first reaction was to feel sorry for them. But why? They have it better than any of us. The less you have - the less you have to worry about. They simplified their lives, and I am envious of their courage to do so.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well said...
Post a Comment