Wednesday, November 5, 2008

10 minutes on the phone with Ronnie

Those of you who know my friend Ronnie will appreciate this.

Me: "Hello?
Ronnie: Hey!
Me: Hey man, Happy Birthday!
Ronnie: Yeeeaahhh.
Me: So what are you up to? You going to vote?
Ronnie: YEP! but I don't know for who yet. It wont be for either of those two jackasses tho.
Me: Why are you throwing your vote away?
Ronnie: Cause none of this matters. None of this will directly effect ME.
Me: Yes....It does! It effects the economy which in turn effects your job...
Ronnie (cuts me off): No No No No. It doesn't effect ME personally.
Me: At least vote to keep Sarah Palin from being the the White House.
Ronnie: Well, Alaskans seems to like her. And Alaska has a lot of people. Its like the most populated state.
Me: No it isn't Ronnie! I bet it has less people than Rhode Island and its the smallest state.
Ronnie: There is no way there are more people in Rhode Island than Alaska. NO WAY! Its too big and Rhode Island is too small. What about Hawaii? I bet that has less people than both. It takes forever to get out there anyway and its sitting in the middle of the ocean, like a duck!
Me: (Laughing) Why do you think Japan chose Pearl Harbor, Ronnie?
Ronnie: We bombed the shit out of them!
Me: Yes, but only AFTER they bombed Pearl Harbor. It was retaliation.
Ronnie: That's smart... there was no one there to help them.
Me: Exactly, so by the time we realized what happened it would be too late. We didn't know they were coming.
Ronnie: Sneaky little Japanese bastards....smart as hell! We nuked their asses.
Me: Indeed we did....."

After I got off the phone I had to check.

US Census 2006:

Rhode Island: 1,067,610
Hawaii: 1,285,498
Alaska: 670,053

I just love phone conversations with Ronnie.

5 comments:

Margo said...

You rock...he should know better than to argue with you. Alaska may be big geographically, however there are way too few people stupid enough to live out there under Palin in igloos! LOL

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Ronnie...

Anonymous said...

God I miss that cheese ball. The gorge was hilarious. By the way, you'll be happy to know I did, indeed, only vote to keep Sarah Palin out of the White House. :)

Anonymous said...

first off... sarah palin is a complete and total moron. The only glimmer of goodness I can come up with is the fact that there are so many hunting accidents in Alaska. It gives me hope.

and as for Ronnie... this reminds me of why I always loved Ronnie. Just when you think you've heard it all he comes up with stuff like this. Lovely.

Sarah said...

This could only come from Ronnie nobody else. Also I love Delenas comment about Palin, I'll keep my fingers crossed.