Thursday, February 12, 2009

Breaking the Silence

I have not written of important matters in the last six weeks. There is a good reason for this.

I have been on a journey of self discovery since the New Year. I am happier in my life now than I can remember in a long time. I have found the truth- my truth - and the answers to most of my questions. The answers I needed have been there all along but I refused to see. This was detrimental on my part and caused me a lot of pain and unnecessary stress.

I was tired of living in a wheel, going through the same motions over and over again. I knew I wouldn't get far in life with the attitude I had. I surrounded myself with drama and negative feelings. I was certain life owed me something since I had been born and put on this earth to deal without my permission. It seemed right: since so many bad things had happened to me in my life, I deserved something.

I guess the bottom line is this: I felt like someone owed me. Big time.

How wrong I was. Selfishness is an ugly trait. Nobody owes me a god dammed thing. It was hard lesson to learn and I am still a student. Life is a gift. For reasons unknown to all, we are here. The time we are given is precious. It should be used to make the most out of life; to learn to enjoy ourselves, to be happy and grateful for what we have. Most people are selfish. There is no wonder the world has the problems it does.

I am disconnecting with negative activity and thinking.

I have learned from reading the books of powerful and intelligent thinkers of our time. We are nothing in the midst of the great universe that lies around us. To learn from it is the only way to live. If you work against it, your journey will be difficult. Working with the Universe makes life much, much easier. Put it this way - If I think I'm going to have a bad day, I do. If I think I'm going to have a good day, I do. Careful what you wish for.

I am applying this knowledge to my life. I am thinking and reacting differently. I am making positive changes in both the way I live and the way I think. Since I realized that I am not important (laugh if you like - we are all self absorbed at one time or another) life has been good. I am grateful for what I have when I used to feel like I needed something else to make me happy.

Happiness is a state of mind in which you chose to live. It's not your job or your car. Its not the food in your fridge or the money in the bank. Its not the diamond on your finger or the leather of your shoes. Material things only bring joy for a short amount of time. Happiness is a lasting gift that continues to reward.

If you only take one thing away from this blog with you today I want it to be this: Until you understand that you are the only one in control of your Universe AND apply it - you will be miserable. I know. I lived it.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Thanks for this post Tracy - it's EXACTLY what I needed!!!!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful realization. Powerful words to take to slumber with me this evening.

I'd love to know the titles of some of the books you mentioned.

Margo said...

How true this is...what a great blog. I am so happy you are happier, and I appreciate you sharing your realizations and they are so true.

anDREa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.