This past weekend flew by. I did nothing really, except exercise my eyes by watching tv. I got caught up on several movies, thankfully. I've been seriously slacking. So, here's what I saw this weekend:
1. The Zodiac
2. The Black Dahlia
3. Saw 3
4. Transformers
5. The Reaping
6. The Descent (it was an encore, I love the movie)
I really didn't get into the first two. They were both very long for the wrong reasons. That's just my opinion though. I was told watching them the same weekend was a mistake. I'm sure it was.
Saw 3 was nothing but pure torture of characters until about the last 30 minutes of the movie. The story line sucked ass. The way it ended sucked ass. The only thing that was remotely cool was the doctor doing brain surgery on the ass wipe. That was pretty cool.
Transformers.....hmmmm. I can say that the special effects were awesome, but it really wasn't up my alley. I didn't watch the cartoon like some did back in the day. It just really didn't interest me. Brian wanted to see it so bad, I thought he might murder to get a copy. That was the real reason I watched it. (I'd like to see him sit thru a My Little Pony Movie) All in all, if your a dude, you'll probably like it. If your a chick, beware. Unless you loved the cartoon, you will not be excited.
The Reaping was really good. Probably the best of all the movies I saw this weekend. Its definitely biblical, but also shows the scientific aspect of "miracles". I cant lie, I was very surprised by the end. Sucks to be her, man. Sucks to be her.
I've seen the Descent a few times. I put it in again on Sunday while I cleaned. It took me three times as long, but was much more fun. I love this movie because of all the hidden things it has. I've caught new things each time I've seen it.
I was off yesterday (flex time) so I went to the gym and swam laps then went to my parents. My mom made meatloaf and scalloped potatoes....my absolute favorite. I ate my freaking fill of it and went on home. It rained most of yesterday, so I stayed in the house and got caught up on some people I've been meaning to call back (I'm so horrible about answering my home phone).
I've also got a few plans in my head I've been concocting for sometime. I got great news today that I actually have a contact with one of the things I want to do and I am so stoked! I cant wait to see if it is actually a possibility, or if its way to overwhelming for one or two people. Brian and I have also divulged a new plan for our career situation. He is miserable at his job and burned out. He has been there 5 years. *If* things go the way we want them to, we will be able to take off work for a few months and spend some time together and work on the house some. This will require that we both stay put until Feb or March job wise. I can deal with that....I've already decided that I no longer care about my job and plan to do as little as possible in the interim. We can both manage knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Fuck a job.
This week WILL go by quickly and painlessly. I will not allow it to be any other way. This coming Saturday, we are supposed to go to Fear Fest at KI. I haven't been to KI all year. Should be a great time. Jessica is bringing her friends with her and I know how much fun my dad and I had scaring them last year...lol.
Well, time to jet. I'm going to do some research and milk the clock until 430.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What? No romantic comedies??? I really think you needed a Matthew McConaughey rom-com to really round things out some and, you know, take the edge off of those other film selections.
And yes, it was iffy whether or not you would have liked Zodiac or Black Dahlia taken by themselves but, honestly here, watching them in tandem really could have killed you. It was a risk you shouldn't have taken.
Thats exciting about your plans...I hope it all works out for you and then I can come on board too!! I really liked the Reaping too, however I forget how it ended. (I have NO memory!!) I have never seen any SAW movies and probably wouldn't like them. I am such a wuss!!
Post a Comment