Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Favorite Interstate in the World.

So, I was driving in KY yesterday during a beautiful downpour. It was raining to the point where you could barely see the car in front of you. Since my accident I tend to stay as far back from the guy ahead of me as possible. Southern Ohio drivers suck, I know, believe me. I yell at them daily. But NKY - shame on you! I thought better of you than that!

1. I was cut off by not one, but TWO semis on the cut in the hill (southbound).

2. The Jackass in a 1980 Monte Carlo really must of needed his coke fix, cause that MF-er was flying...came up on my ass and cut the car off next to me to get around.

3. EXIT ONLY LANE. How much more clear can they make it, huh? Not to mention - its highlighted in YELLOW ASSHOLES.

4. Buttermilk Pike has a long exit ramp. Why did this dumb sonofabitch fly across two lanes in front of me to get to the exit ramp? There were no cars! Not even a warning with a turn signal!
(All this bullshit during a monsoon. Gifted, I tell you.)

5. Brent Spence Bridge, AKA, The double decker. I cannot cross this bridge unless I have absolutely no other choice.
Two things come to mind as I approach the bridge - north or south bound:



And........


Yeah, I've seen Mothman Prophecies. So have you. And it scared you too.

I guess I shouldn't blame all KY drivers because well, a lot of asshole Ohioans are busted driving thru there everyday, like I happened to be. I'll tell you what. It's I-75. That's the answer.

I'm taking I-471 whenever possible. Screw Covington anyway - nothing there but bars, hookers and gas stations.

2 comments:

Abby said...

HA HA HA! I totally agree with you. Although I live in NKY, I am not one of those drivers - I'm like you - yelling at all the drivers around me! And I totally agree with you about Brent Spence - Vince knows not to go across that bridge with me in the car unless there is no other option and both Covington exits are closed!! Gotta love Cincinnati/NKY!

Margo said...

I agree...75 sucks and the semis OWN the cut in the hill. You have no chance winning that battle and they know it. They depend on YOU to move your ass or they will squash you. I wish I had a big truck to scare everyone too.